Travelling in a city is quite difficult when you are not aware how to get to the destination. Constantly Google has been improving its Maps service apps to provide more accurate local information for several countries across the globe. Undoubtedly there are many technical, logistical, security and legal hindrances due to which new map features are not available everywhere immediately.
Recently Google has included the public transit routing data and layer to the Google Maps API through which users can find the best routes while planning their travel.
It is a quick guider that will help users to take the best route while planning their trip within the city or from one end of the city to other. This guide is very useful for the iPhone or Google Android based Smartphone users.
1. Initially, users will have to open and let the app lock your location on the Map. Search for the location you wish to reach. For instance, you can search for the most prominent locations worth visiting.
2. When the Google Maps app has found the location users wish to reach then tap on the arrow icon on the bubble to initiate the Directions menu. From this menu, users can choose and set their mode of transport - Car, Public Transit and Walking.
3. If users choose public transit, users can select the public transport according to their wish such as - Bus, Subway or Train. To get the best routes via any means of transport, let the setting be on 'Any transit mode'. Also users can select the type of route that is classified by Best Route, Fewer Transfers and Less Walking. Once done, simply hit on Get Directions button.
4. The app will show users the four different trips that involve single and/or more than one means of transit based on their prior selections. It will take note of their current time and accordingly decide the routes. Users can always choose view for trips later than that or earlier than that.
5. Tap on any of the four trips to see the detail of the different means of transport in the trip. The trip shows detailed information about the directions, distance and approximate time taken. It will also show to users the number of bus they should take to reach closer to the destination. For bus and trains, it will also mention the number of stops that mode of transport will take.
Finally users can tap on map view and keep the app running to check if they are on the suggested route.
Source : Themobileindian